Efficiently and effectively conduct and manage the bidding, budgeting, contracting, engineering, permit processing, scheduling and site development in order to deliver finished lots on time and within budget. Support the acquisition, planning and engineering of new ground for development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate land development and home construction schedules.
- Manage all land development field operations and act as a liaison between the field and corporate offices.
- Manage and meet on a regular basis with all active civil and geotechnical engineers.
- Manage and meet on a regular basis with all active consultants (e.g. traffic, utility, noise, biology, paleontology, archeology, etc.).
- Coordinate preparation of Sequence Sheets, Disclosure Statements and Lot Exhibits.
- Coordinate placement, delivery and furnishing of construction trailers.
- Interface with and manage issues relating to city/county Planning, Public works, Engineering and Building departments; insure adherence to all Conditions of Approval.
- For communities with land development operations, meet on a weekly basis with on-site Superintendents to discuss site development issues and provide necessary management and support, including adherence to policies and procedures (e.g daily logs, sales-construction meetings, filing systems, etc.).
- For communities with home construction operations, provide support as needed.
- Manage additional tasks and/or projects as needed.
- Review and approve land development and consultant invoices and change orders.
- Manage building permit processing for model homes and first phase of production homes.
- Manage the planning and zoning and permitting and other entitlements necessary to develop lots.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to effectively partner with key position constituents
- Experience in successful project management; a planner, organizer and implementer.
- Analytic, decisive and a problem solver.
- Detail oriented.
- Fiscally oriented.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related area with at least 6 years experience with a developer or Civil Engineering firm.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Position requires field work.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.