Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for an Equipment Engineer (New Product Introduction) located in Redwood City, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures! Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Equipment Engineer will work directly with a team of experienced engineers to assist in fixture design and process development within mid to late stage development efforts. We are seeking motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in complex mechanical engineering, advanced CAD, and simulation techniques. Typical responsibilities revolve around fixture and tool design, process development, and equipment & process validation.
In this role you will:
- Design and prototype mechanical fixtures and tooling – including CAD, manufacturing, assembly, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Generate design concepts and lead design reviews
- Write and execute equipment & process validation protocols and reports
- Perform process studies to determine critical inputs and outputs used to drive process improvements and make upstream product design recommendations
- Coordinate with different teams and coworkers to accomplish tasks
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Minimum of a B.S in Mechanical Engineering or a related field required
- Minimum of 2 years Test, Manufacturing or relevant Engineering experience in a highly regulated industry required
- Hands-on demonstrated experience creating fixture assemblies, including use of CAD programs such as SolidWorks (or related) to create models, assemblies, and detailed drawings required
- Experience with prototyping equipment and tools, including machine shop equipment required
- Self-starter with a proven ability to engage in proactive learning and remain productive with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An empathic individual who engages in and facilitates a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration as needed
- Must be highly organized with the ability to lead multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and optimally prioritize projects and tasks
- This position will be based in Redwood City, CA and may require 5% travel.
- Proven experience in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred
- Advanced Degree is a plus
- Experience with 3D printers preferred
- Experience designing, developing & sourcing complex capital equipment, both in-house designed equipment and sourced equipment preferred
- Automation experience preferred
- Experience with catheters or robotically controlled assemblies preferred
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)