Scope of work: Disposes for refuse through the use of heavy equipment at the Landfill.
Essential Job Duties:
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Disposes of refuse with the use of heavy equipment such as compactors, scrapers, bulldozers and related equipment.
- Maintains access roads to the Landfill.
- Covers refuse at the end of each day.
- Maintains all equipment in good working order and keeps records of service problems. Submits daily maintenance sheets to supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment such as oil changes. Determines when servicing of vehicles is required.
- Monitors vehicles as they enter, unload and leave the Landfill. Gives directions to citizens.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employee will be exposed to seasonal temperatures while operating equipment or completing projects. Ability to climb, bend and lift materials or equipment used in waste disposal. May be exposed to potentially hazardous fumes and odors and mechanical and chemical hazards while completing tasks.