The Auto Damage Appraiser is responsible for preparing physical damage estimates on vehicles where a claim has been submitted for first or third party damages. The party will be required to provide a high level of customer service while utilizing measures to control severities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Survey damages, prepare estimates and negotiate settlements on partial and total losses within their established authority level.
- Issue drafts to the appropriate parties.
- Document the claim file as necessary.
- Complete reinspections and supplements in a timely manner and in accordance with all Massachusetts regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with all production standards and estimating guidelines
- Ensure that service, expense control and public relations are maintained at all times.
- Complete reports on investigative assignments.
- Participate in team meetings
- Participate in catastrophic claim handling when requested. This may include overnight travel for extended periods of time.
- Adhere to privacy guidelines and MA Fair Claims Practices Act.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree preferred and a minimum of 3 years of auto claims appraisal experience.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Territory – Boston, Metro area
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Auto Damage Appraiser License
- Must have valid drivers license and favorable driving record.
- Adverse conditions are encountered while inspecting vehicles. Incumbent must be able to work outside in inclement weather and drive long distances.
- Comfortable completing inspections of damaged vehicles including but not limited to crawling under and around vehicles, inspecting vehicles in tight quarters at body shops and salvage yards, etc.
- Must be willing to participate in catastrophe claim handling when requested. This may include traveling to other locations, extended and weekend hours, and up to a three week stay away from home.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Body shop experience a plus but not required.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must possess solid communication and negotiation skills
About Plymouth Rock Plymouth Rock is a leading auto insurance provider serving more than 650,000 customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New Hampshire. Tapping into its 30+ years of industry experience, Plymouth Rock has pioneered a new way to do car insurance for consumers. Combining the local knowledge and expertise of independent agents, with the power and ease of doing business online, Plymouth Rock has changed the insurance lifecycle by giving consumers choice – to do business the way they want.Plymouth Rock is headquartered across from South Station in Downtown Boston, with offices across New England and New Jersey. With more than $1 billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, the Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,800 people and writes insurance through 800+ independent agents. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent.”