Project Controls Manager
Why join us?
Our team is growing! Faithful+Gould has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Controls Manager with power/utilities/nuclear sector experience. This role will provide leadership and oversight to how the team engages, manages and interacts with the client’s contractors and subcontractors, during pre-construction, construction and post construction phases of the project lifecycle. This is a full-time internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project management and project control consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key industrial sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Identify, mitigate and manage risks to the client in respect of Contractors delivery of services to the client.
- Prepare and implement processes, procedures, and guidance related to ContractorManagement/Construction office.
- Work alongside procurement in the qualification and selection of safe and capable suppliers.
- Establish and maintain links with relevant support functions to enable effectivecommunication, planning and management of contractor/construction activities/initiatives including leading any necessary work streams or working groups.
- Ensure that the Contractor/Construction Office receives adequate support from other site departments.
- Oversee and provide services to control the on-boarding, and off boarding of contractors as well ensure arrangements are in place to know the whereabouts of contractors and their personnel.
- Supervising and leading a team of cost managers, schedulers and other project services disciplines.
- Ensure adequate forums are in place to identify interface and coordination issues.
- Manage all interface, coordination and logistical issues across the site.
- Ensure adequate and scalable arrangements are in place for the oversight of contractors to ensure compliance with applicable site standards/procedures.
- Develop Interface Documents to ensure compliance with the site’s arrangements.
- Identify and communicate the sites daily priorities and weekly key milestones.
- Develop, maintain and agree with the project lead, arrangements for periodic reporting, rolling look ahead plans, and meetings to ensure performance and interfaces are communicated and coordinated.
- Ensure that the Contractor risk assessment and work control process is implemented.consistent with the client’s principles for integrated work control.
- Leverage and enable technologies, business information and analytics in support ofContractor Management.
What will you contribute?
- 7-10 years of relevant Construction/Contract Management experience or equivalent.
- Have an established track record for Construction/Contract Management.
- Experience operating on a power/utilities/nuclear site would be advantageous.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible relative to work assignments; possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to interface with peers, other company organizations, and Senior Management.
- Leadership of complex change and ability to drive requirements into the business at practitioner level.
- OSHA-10 safety training preferred.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies