Construction Project Manager
Why join us?
Our Boston team is growing! We are seeking a Construction Project Manager to support our Client at their Construction site in Boston, MA. Responsibilities will include daily communication with clients and contractors and coordinating resources for the completion of assigned tasks and projects, providing project reports as necessary. This is a full time Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits. We seek the individual who has long term career aspirations with us.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Plans, organizes, and directs activities concerned with the review, audit and surveillance of construction activities for structures, facilities, and systems
- Coordinates the activities and client resource required to observe/witness inspections, testing, and commissioning performed by contractor
- Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems
- Assists with project delivery strategies
- Reviews the contractor construction schedule for the project for conformance with project requirements and clear logical steps and adequate time required to meet deadlines
- Coordinates QA/QC quality control plans
- Coordinates safety management plans
- Coordinates the building permit process and compliance with codes
- Directs weekly construction progress meetings
- Prepares daily/weekly/monthly progress reports
- Reviews contractor applications for payment and recommends payment to client
- Creates and monitors cost reports for the client
- Coordinates punch list preparation and project close-out
- Performs such other duties from time to time as deemed necessary
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years relevant experience.
- Construction Management experience with large clients, MEP works, train stations, fare payment and/or communication systems is preferred
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong construction estimating skills, strong knowledge of construction and procurement strategies, and proficiency with project scheduling software.
- Must have ability to navigate Web-based construction management software (often provided by the client).
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- 30 hour training in OSHA safety requirements, CMAA/PMI.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies