D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Multifamily - Assistant Superintendent - WA. The right candidate will be accountable for delivering multifamily projects on time and with quality and attention to detail, while upholding company standards for safety, environmental compliance, progress tracking, documentation, and handling jobsite issues in an appropriate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day project activities to meet project schedule, quality, and budget objectives
- Communicate on a timely basis, project needs to management, field team, and subcontractors
- Monitor project safety and enforce company standards with all onsite personnel without exception to ensure the project is safe for all workers and visitors
- Prepare for and participate in all onsite subcontractor meetings
- Monitor project environmental status to ensure full and continuous compliance with all environmentally related rules and regulations.
- Communicate project activity to Superintendent as well as to subcontractors to ensure performance
- Work with local building officials during inspections and re-inspections to obtain project sign-off
- Walk the project on a regular basis to enforce company standards for construction and to ensure a quality product upon completion
- Create, distribute, and complete project punch list, assuring smooth product transition to property management
- Maintain jobsite in a neat and organized manner
- Maintain construction inventory of company owned equipment, furniture, and other materials on the jobsite
- Complete all necessary paperwork (daily field logs, weekly safety meetings, employee sign in sheets, delivery sign in sheets, RFI requests, change order requests, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute daily site reports
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to work overtime
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the construction field, with a focus on multifamily and/or commercial building projects
- Ability to apply common Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram