ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Employee must be able to follow all instructions and work with little supervision
· Ability to learn new skills.
· Trains and works on other jobs in the facility as required by production needs
· Sweeps the floors and uses shovel to pickup debris.
· Works at the starter strip machine in producing starter strips.
· Aides the line workers in stacking off shingles when required.
· Enters and cleans the surge tank, mixer and various asphalt stills and cleans as instructed, in a safe and effective manner.
· Helps out with “Heavy Tails” on coated products.
· Laces up the winder when on roll products and loads roll products onto pallets as required.
· Assists in the lace up of the roofing line.
· Works all positions when running Artloc, including the hand loading of product.
· Operate a forklift safely and maintain certification.
· Works rewraps as required.
· Keeps busy cleaning all areas of the roofing line.
· Always wears required safety equipment.
· Uses additional PPE when/if required.
· Follows Lockout/Tag-Out procedures when doing maintenance or making adjustments to equipment
· Reads and understands all tasks and reviews Job Safety Analysis.
· Follows instructions as to all other tasks that supervisor requires. Asks questions when in doubt.
· Always works in a safe manner to avoid injuries.
· Frequent heavy lifting requires the use of good lifting techniques. Back braces can be provided upon request.
· Perform all tasks in a manner by which our customers are receiving top quality, well presented products with no damages.
· Identify quality issues and remove inferior products from production line.
· Maintain proper manner of workmanship to avoid the manufacture of materials not meeting quality standard.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to read, write and count.
· Have knowledge of safety requirements and PPE required.
· Able to understand all Job Safety Analysis and follow them.
· Maintain good safety record.
· Ability to identify quality issues with all products