About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: Responsible for performing assignments related to assembly, subassembly, machine operation, packaging or activities required in the manufacture of furnace and air conditioning units. Work assignments may be to any workstation (Commercial Package, Large Package, Small Package, A-Coil Assembly, A-Coil Fabrication, Machine Operator) in all departments throughout the manufacturing facility.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Participate in required instruction or training to become familiar with DFT and its application at Nortek Global HVAC.
- Perform all assembly and inspection activities in conformance with Operational Method Sheets.
- Lift component part/sub-assembly to unit using appropriate hand tools and supplies; this may include spot welding, glue spraying, or fastening using hand or air tools.
- Move unit to next work station using conveyor rollers or cart.
- Scan component part/sub-assembly into computer system as required to enter information on keyboard; affix decals or parts number labels to unit.
- Pack completed unit or accessories for shipping.
- Record and dispose of scrap materials.
- Inspect parts, sub-assemblies, and units for assembly errors or in-process damage on continuous basis; as instructed, complete repairs or required recordkeeping related to damage/rework.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment around workstation.
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain production efficiency and meet plant/department operational needs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch, push, reach, grasp, hear and talk.
- Generally light physical demand. The employee is required to lift items weighing less than 1 pound, 1 to 5 pounds, and 5 to 25 pounds frequently; items weighing 25 to 60 pounds are moved occasionally; items weighing over 60 pounds are rarely moved. Manual handling of materials is continuous, with hand trucks, crane hoists, forklifts and tow motors are all used occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, clarity of vision at a distance of 20 inches or less and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have previous manufacturing experience.
- Job requires the ability to read, write, perform addition and subtraction of whole numbers, read instruments, use gauges and follow instructions.
- The employee is expected to gain sufficient knowledge to fulfill the duties of this position within three months of assignment.
- Ability to read, write and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to use a variety of pneumatic and hand tools.
- 1-2 years manufacturing experience.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.