Titan Security is currently recruiting for Full-Time Field Supervisor(s) to work out of the Chicago area office.
Started in 1994, Titan Security is one of the largest privately-held security services providers in the Chicagoland area and we are growing! Join a leading company in one of the fastest growing industries.
Field Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the day to day operations of selected business portfolio(s) during shift times, respond to designated operational issues for all assigned client sitefacilities.
- Report all operational matters directly with V.P. Operations and members of senior management.
- Assist inthe supervision and management of a team of security officers, including possibly participating in hiring /selection, scheduling, payroll, training,coaching, development and support.
- Ensure that all client sites are provided with high quality security services toprotect people and property.
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees.
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client sites to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure all required reporting and contractual compliance requirements are met.
- Handle all escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, recognition, etc.).
- Provide the basis of great working environments by treating staff with respect.
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with assistance from the Titan Management, as required).
- Effectively and accurately post all pertinent notices and communications to staff.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific “on the job training”, client–specific training and/or annual refresher training for staff by adhering to Titan’s trainingstandards.
- Reconcile logs, shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior tosubmitting to clients and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Develop/maintain operational procedures and post orders that are always available for emergency reference by staff.
- Train and qualify to work assigned posts. Understand the specific and general post instructions for all assigned posts. Maintain practical knowledge of alladditional and emergency post instructions that are called for by our clients.
- Ensure that all assigned officers are maintaining the appropriate knowledge base of various client specific Standard Operating Procedures.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Monitor security cameras that are within the facilities as applicable.
- Respond to incidents including property emergencies.
- Conduct general patrols of the client properties during various hours, if required, including numerous flights of stairs and frequent patrols of the exterior in any weather conditions.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk and Drive for extended periods of time.
- Conduct random Post Inspections of officers on duty in order to ensure proper officer training level, and adherence to company policies, and Client mandated response to alarms or other urgent situations.
- Clearly and accurately record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of equipment, results of Security Officer post inspections to Titan management.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to all parties encountered while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Due to the nature of this assignment, special attention is paid to those candidates that are able to successfully demonstrate: A work history illustrating a progressively increasing security/customer service related skill sets and responsibilities with an emphasis in a supervisory capacity work, communication center protocol, knowledge of security operations, in addition to an advanced level computer proficiency/technological skills, specifically as it relates to established physical security needs.
- Having any, or a combination of the above listed attributes may increase you chances of selection
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma orgeneral education degree (GED) and 3 years prior satisfactory employment as anUnarmed or Armed security officer, Unarmed or Armed Shift/Facility/Field Supervisor, or directly related experience.
Must be at least 25 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Illinois PERC, Valid FOID, All state mandated training requirements inclusive of 20 & 40 Hour Certifications, A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory DMV history.
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Bi-lingual considered a plus.
Other Qualifications: Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Must maintain a working telephone number though which we can contact you.
Physical Demands:The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A list of these job duties is inclusive of, but not limited to: candidates must be able to stand for extended periods of time; be able to lift, push, and/or pull at least 75lbs.; be able to accommodate foot patrols on the interior & exterior of the assigned facility; be able to perform assigned duties regardless of inclement weather.
Salary & Benefits: Compensation is between $15.00 and $18.00 per hour based on experience, plus paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays, and pension/retirement benefits. Skills-enhancing training and opportunities for career growth and promotion.