Position will require extended travel and work throughout the Midwest (e.g. Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Nebraska).
$16.00 to $21.50/hour
Daily overtime after 8 hours
Per Diem benefits
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment on a construction jobsite in a safe manner. Heavy equipment may include: front-end loaders, bulldozers, scrapers, blades, pavers, trimmers, mixers or compactors. The Heavy Equipment Operator must also complete prestart checks, assist with fluid checks and maintenance, securing the equipment, cleaning, and other duties as directed by the Foreman or Division Manager.
- Responsible for operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to company policy, as well as manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Responsible for performing daily maintenance & safety checks.
- Responsible for cleaning equipment as required.
- Responsible for making sure that equipment is secured at the end of the shift.
- May perform other duties as assigned by Foreman or Division Manager.
- Must be able to follow directions and operate equipment safely.
- Must have some mechanical ability/knowledge.
- Must have a working knowledge of construction jobsite activities.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, and squat as required for various duties with the equipment.
- Must be able work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Must adhere to safety requirements as outline in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Koss Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.