The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Objective: Provide oversight to Booth Manor Tenant, Service and Program activities. Complete all required HUD documentation with Booth Manor tenants in accordance with Section 8/202 contracts.
- Ensure compliance with HUD contracts
- Process all contract renewals and requests for rent increases
- Submit monthly program statistics
- Code and submit all bills to Corps Accounting Center for payment
- Review monthly financial statements
Property Management Responsibilities
- Review all property contracts, leases, and agreements and prepare reports as requested for presentation to the Booth Manor Director and Divisional Housing Services Manager
- Review and revise annual maintenance schedules and ensure compliance with them
- Negotiate and oversee service contracts for Booth Manor property and equipment including heating/cooling equipment, janitorial, windows, lawn, snow removal, telephone systems, copier, fax machine, and other business machines as assigned
- Coordinate and oversee all work being conducted on site by outside contractors
- Document incoming work orders received by telephone or in person in the maintenance log
- Issue and/or follow up on all work orders
- Order supplies
- Follow up on all phone and in person inquiries regarding housing
- Screen all applicants for tenancy
- Maintain apartment waiting list
- Assure a high level of occupancy is maintained
- Complete all paperwork for tenants moving in, transferring units and moving out
- Collect all deposits and rents. Enter payments into Yardi Software and deliver copies to Corps Accounting Center. Deliver tenant receipts
- Prepare and send all rent late notices
- Prepare the 50059 (HUD recertifications) and send to HUD via electronic filings
- Report violations of house rules and lease requirements to Director
- Attend tenant association meetings upon request
- Complete annual apartment inspections
- Handle emergencies as they arise
- Interface with tenants concerning services
- Publish a monthly calendar and newsletter for Kansas City, Kansas location
- Maintain bulletin boards and announcements
- Schedule and promote informational meetings and speakers, exercise, crafts, field trips and other social activities
- Plan and coordinate spiritual programming with Corps Officer/Chaplain
- Manage tenant requests for assistance and conflicts
- Respond to/review complaints, grievances, rights/ethics violations, and document findings
- Answer incoming calls and respond appropriately
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, Human Services or Related Field. Must obtain certification from a HUD recognized agency as a Certified Occupancy Specialist within 90 days of employment.
Experience Two years of experience in public or private housing management operations. Three years of experience working with the elderly and those with disabilities. Knowledge of HUD Section 8, 202 programs and Fair Housing preferred.
Skill and Abilities
- Good communication and time management skills
- Sound judgment, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and priorities
- Must possess strong leadership skills and have experience working with diverse populations including the elderly and those with disabilities
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and use resources with integrity
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate office equipment including telephone, personal computer, copier, fax machine and scanning equipment
- Must be conversant with, and supportive of, The Salvation Army Mission
Physical Requirements: Include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting; lifting, grabbing, pushing, and pulling objects up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel: Local travel may occur on occasion for banking, training and to attend staff meetings at other locations.
Driving: Position requires the ability to drive. Employee must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical office environment; may require some weekend and evening work.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.