The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Property & EDS Coordinator will be responsible for the overall routine maintenance and upkeep of all owned and leased Salvation Army properties and equipment. This position will also oversee The Salvation Army’s Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) program and equipment.
- Maintain a filing system for all repair and warranty information for equipment, appliance and vehicles.
- Properly sort and store all donated and purchased items (Assist with stock rotation working with the kitchen manager).
- Deliver needed supplies to corps location (including food pantry items).
- Properly count donated items for statistical purposes and give information, to kitchen manager.
- Keep general inventory of items and communicate needs to supervisor.
- Meet regularly with supervisor, kitchen manager and social service staff to coordinate inventory needs.
- All expenditures are to be pre-approved, staying within the budget guidelines.
- Pickup donations; load and unload trucks.
- Maintain corps vehicles (schedule appointments for service or repair)
- Check all corps vehicles for gas and cleanliness, inside and outside.
- Ensure completion and report monthly mileage logs to Business Manager.
- Record and report all statistics and volunteer hours monthly to the Volunteer Manager, including volunteer names.
- Assure that corps and warehouse forklifts are in good operating condition.
- Report property issues, or needs, to supervisor.
- Secure proposals for routine and needed maintenance and property needs.
- Assume custodial duties at corps when the Custodial Supervisor is absent.
- Have an active role on the Property Committee. Maintain good communication with Committee Chair, Officers, and contractors.
- Assist with all Christmas season related pick-ups and drop-offs including but not limited to: Toys for Tots, Food/Toy distribution, Kettles and Large Red Kettle.
- Be an active participant in the annual Day of Caring.
- Direct EDS operations:
- Manage training for Mobile Feeding Program and Disaster Services
- Attend disaster trainings
- Participate with the Corps Officer in local Disaster Drills
- Maintain inventory in warehouse/storage and on canteen
- Direct the Mobile Feeding Program, which includes organizing and leading teams
- Lead your own Mobile Feeding and Disaster Response team
- Be on call and provide proper response to local emergency pages
- Assist Divisional EDS director, as needed, with approval of Corps Officer
- Procure canteen repairs, with prior approval of Divisional EDS director
- Coordinate any team deployments to regional and national disaster sites
- Deployment in regional and national disaster sites as schedule allows with approval from Corps Officer
- Maintain positive work atmosphere through appropriate conflict management, courteous demeanor, and professional and appropriate communication practices. (required)
- Maintain compliance in The Salvation Army’s “Safe from Harm” Certification. (required)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Travel may be required.
Regular Full Time, Exempt
Ideal applicant would have two years of related experience in property and vehicle maintenance; preference will given to individuals who are forklift certified and who hold a Class B or A license. Applicants with the ability to obtain a forklift certification and Class B or A license within 30 days of employment will be considered.
Candidates must have a passion for fulfilling the mission of The Salvation Army and must be articulate in presenting the same to others.
Candidates must successfully pass the pre-employment background inquiry and annual motor vehicle check with a valid driver’s license.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage people and projects successfully.
- Team player, self-starter, and perform well with minimal supervision.
- Must have an interest and ability to work with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, holding others accountable to the same.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience or capacity to demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and work as a cooperative team member.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary. Especially in emergent situations.
- Knowledge of building and vehicle maintenance needs.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This Position is required to do moderate to heavy physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to lift and bend, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using tools, landscaping equipment, climbing ladders and work in varying temperature environments. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office, warehouse, and outdoor environment. Individual must be able to lift over fifty pounds. Ability to read and understand directions on cleaning supply labels.