At Kofile Technologies, we believe that government has infinite potential to do good and that all information residing within local governments should be preserved, digitized and made available to all their employees and citizens. We partner with government agencies nationwide to help them meet their citizens’ needs by preserving the integrity and content of paper documents to ensure they will be available for use forever and modernizing information management through digitization and access systems.
As a Document Preservation Processor Specialist, your day will be dedicated to preserving history by careful handling of documents. Following the standards set by the American Institute for Conservation Code of Ethics and Guidelines, you will perform various techniques related to the preservation of documents.
Document Preservation Processor responsibilities:
• Dis-binds and identifies volumes, properly annotating the arrival order and condition
• Applies deacidification solution to remove acid from documents
• Encapsulates preserved documents into mylar pockets
• You will also be preserving maps and plot plans in addition to logging maps on a computer, generating labels and cross indexes, etc.
• Records daily production
• Handle government vitals including birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Past experience in document management, court documents, document imaging, graphic design, government documentation, quality control, Document processing, preservation restoration, or as a Document Custodian, or Mortgage Document Specialist, document specialist is preferred.
• A degree in Library Studies, History, Art History is preferred but not required.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
• As a full-time employee, you will receive access to the following benefits
• Paid overtime available
• Low cost insurance (medical, dental, vision, life & disability)
• 401(k) plan
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
• Business casual environment
Covid safety information:
Kofile is committed to a safe environment for all candidates and employees. Daily temperature checks and protective masks are required/provided. We follow social distancing and all other CDC guidelines.