Drees Homes is a family-owned home building company with a passion for making custom homes easy. For 90 years, we have taken care of our employees and our customers. It’s why we rank as the thirteenth largest privately-owned builder in the country and have a track record of long-tenured employees. Enrich your career at a company that values integrity, excellence, opportunity, stability and success.
Headquartered in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, Drees has operations in ten metropolitan areas: Greater Cincinnati and Cleveland, Ohio; Austin, Dallas and Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana; Jacksonville, Florida; Nashville, Tennessee; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Washington, DC.
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH DREES HOMES!
BUILDER / SUPERINTENDENT POSITION
As a Drees Builder you will be responsible for the successful completion of all work in assigned areas as it relates to cost control, scheduling, quality control, customer satisfaction, safety, and general supervision. This position will work out of communities in the Austin area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete weekly customer calls and track communication
- Comply with construction specifications and standards
- Utilize internal scheduling system to ensure timely completion of homes
- Responsible for a quality building process and product
- Perform formal quality inspections
- Take an active part in subdivision and model maintenance
- Comply with OSHA regulations and other safety requirements
- Answer customer questions about the building process
- Set and maintain high standards of performance by subcontractors and suppliers
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast track environment
- Highly organized self-starter
- Ability to read and understand plans and construction details
- Knowledge of residential building codes
- Proven supervisory skills and cost control experience
- The ability to hold subcontractors accountable for their work
- Great customer service mindset
- Willing to manage operations in multiple community locations
- Working experience in various municipalities throughout the Austin area a plus
- A self-motivated individual with a high energy level as well as a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Basic computer skills, experience using an iPad or similar tablet
- Experience with an electronic scheduling system helpful
- OSHA certified 10 hour course preferred
- College degree required, in a related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing residential operations in all phases of the construction process
- Production homebuilder experience handling multiple projects at a time preferred
The schedule of this position will be Monday – Friday 8 AM to 5 PM, plus additional hours as necessary.
Excellent salary, bonus potential, plus a comprehensive benefit package including profit sharing & 401(k) plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Work Place
To learn more about Drees Homes, please visit our website – www.dreeshomes.com.