Drees Homes is a family-owned home building company with a passion for making custom homes easy. For 90 years, we have taken care of our employees and our customers. It’s why we rank as the thirteenth largest privately-owned builder in the country and have a track record of long-tenured employees. Enrich your career at a company that values integrity, excellence, opportunity, stability and success.
Headquartered in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, Drees has operations in ten metropolitan areas: Greater Cincinnati and Cleveland, Ohio; Austin, Dallas and Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana; Jacksonville, Florida; Nashville, Tennessee; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Washington, DC.
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH DREES HOMES!
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT - BUILDER POSITION
In this position, you will be responsible for the successful completion of homes including areas of cost control, scheduling, quality control, customer satisfaction, safety, and general supervision. This position will work out of out Nashville division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete weekly customer calls and track communication
- Comply with construction specifications and standards
- Utilize internal scheduling system to ensure timely completion of homes
- Responsible for a quality building process and product
- Perform formal quality inspections
- Take an active part in subdivision and model maintenance
- Comply with OSHA regulations and other safety requirements
- Answer customer questions about the building process
- Set and maintain high standards of performance by subcontractors and suppliers
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven supervisory skills and cost control experience
- Experience with scheduling and reading blueprints
- Ability to work independently in a fast track environment
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to hold subcontractors accountable for their work
- Excellent customer service capabilities with a strong work ethic
- Willing to manage operations in multiple community locations
- Working knowledge in the Nashville area
- A self-motivated individual with a high energy level as well as a positive attitude
- Verbal and written communication proficiencies with internal and external customers
- Good computer skills, experience using an iPad preferred
- Ability to reach and understand plans and construction details
- Knowledge of residential building codes
- General residential construction knowledge
- College degree in a related field preferred
- 2+ years of residential home building experience required
- Production Homebuilding experience greatly preferred
- iPad knowledge and general computing skills required
The schedule of this position will be Monday – Friday 8 AM to 5 PM, plus additional hours as necessary.
Excellent salary, bonus potential, plus a comprehensive benefit package including profit sharing & 401(k) plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Work Place
To learn more about Drees Homes, please visit our website – www.dreeshomes.com.