Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
This position is responsible for supporting environmental, health, safety, and security (EHS&S) risk control and regulatory compliance for the Global Innovation Center (GIC), serving as a key member of the GIC Leadership Team and directly responsible for EHS&S leadership and management system support for all site EHS&S matters. Key professional requirements include advanced EHS&S technical expertise and professional skills to understand and control complex EHS&S compliance and risk-related matters.
Key Responsibilities:Works directly for the GIC Facility Leader role and partners closely with the NA EHS&S Manager.
- Develop strategic site-level EHS&S direction that will achieve and sustain regulatory compliance and control of key EHS&S risks.
- Provide coherent leadership supporting consistent and effective implementation of EHS&S standards and programs at the site level.
- Provide visibility to progress, performance, and issues for the site and the Corporate EHS&S leadership team.
- Foster an atmosphere of transparency and information sharing to encourage culture of acute awareness and diligence pertaining to site EHS&S matters.
- Monitor EHS&S regulatory developments and emerging issues, and determine the impacts on site operations to advise on future direction and action which will minimize the potential for business risks.
Regulatory Compliance and Standards Implementation:
- Lead development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Corporate/RC14001 standards implementation and internal EHS&S standards.
- Lead federal, state, and local EHS&S regulatory compliance effort.
- Identify and control site EHS&S risks.
- Identify, deploy, and share EHS&S best practices for the site.
- Coordinate and regularly review the site EHS&S data and maintain performance metrics.
Auditing and Management Systems:
- Coordinate the effective planning and execution of assessments for internal EHS&S standards and EHS&S regulatory compliance at the site level, and develop resolution of recommendations through partnership with regional EHS&S and other support function teams.
- Lead and participate in 2nd party EHS&S regulatory compliance and internal standards assessments.
- Provide support for implementing and sustaining EHS&S management systems.
Leadership and Capability Building:
- Conduct regular performance reviews with regional EHS&S leadership and prioritize key issues to develop site EHS&S goals and objectives.
- Perform independently and exercise mature judgment in determining regulatory, technical and operational objectives for assignments/projects derived from key site EHS&S aspects.
Sensitivity: Business Internal:
- Develop functional EHS&S capability within the site organization through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Five years of EHS&S experience in the laboratory and/or manufacturing fields.
- Practical experience required for the following EHS&S disciplines:
- general occupational health & safety
- laboratory chemical hygiene plan
- behavior based safety
- industrial hygiene
- solid waste management
- air regulatory compliance
- Strong project management and leadership skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adjust to changing priorities and make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, capable of working within globally diverse, cross-functional, internal and external teams across different time zones with ability to effectively influence others to action.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate effectively across mediums, audiences and situations.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity including the ability to work on confidential matters.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skillset. Able to identify critical path issues; review and trend data, and advise relative to improvement areas for EHS&S performance and compliance.
- Ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organization (up, down, laterally).
- Ability to accommodate limited travel 5% to 15% of the time to other company locations, training, etc.
Core Competency: Achieves Business Results
- Translates EHS&S Goals and Objectives into prioritized & actionable plans utilizing strong project management skills and assures that clear and high expectations are defined.
- Demonstrates sound technical judgment incorporating risk management to create sustainable solutions.
- Develops functional solutions to complex problems, simplifies into actionable items. Establishes clear, and sound course of action to achieve critical business objectives ensuring ongoing sustainable solutions.
Core Competency: Strategic Focus & Direction
- Builds independent relationships/rapports with all internal customers and other support functions.
- Develops and drives required project plans and activities that meet critical business goals and business sustainability.
- Inspires and guides others to action consistent with Company’s Vision and Mission.
- Solves complex problems creatively with high degree of ingenuity and innovativeness.
Core Competency: Trust & Teamwork
- Collaborates and integrates business operation efforts among the site team and Axalta organization external to the site. Represents the site as the EHS&S technical contact.
- Places high value on clear and actionable communication, as well as actively informing up, down, and laterally throughout organization.
- Provides insightful perspective to others seeking assistance through forming active partnerships.
- Influences positively and constructively to initiate actions, gain clear understanding, and commitment.
Core Competency: Personal Leadership
- Serves as a role model for providing quality and swift resolutions to operational EHS&S issues.
- Secure and leverage leadership commitment and support for integrating sustainable EHS&S solutions into core processes and decision making.
- Manages change effectively, and champions continuous improvement.
- Earns and maintains the trust of colleagues and co-workers internal and external to the site.
- Develops credibility across the Axalta organization.
“Please note that Axalta Coating Systems will not accept any candidate profiles sent unrequested and unsolicited by recruiting agencies. Axalta Coating Systems collaborates with preferred providers based on framework agreements and will not pay any fees to recruiting agencies without an agreement. Should Axalta Coating Systems receive a candidate profile form a recruiting agency with which there is no framework agreement, and should the respective candidate be considered or hire, this will not entitle the recruiting agency to claim payment or fees.”