The Golf Course Assistant will assist in the day to day activities of the golf course, food and beverage operations, merchandise operations and general maintenance of the course and facilities to ensure that the service provided is a superior experience to the guests of the Golf Courses. In addition, the Golf Course Assistant shall follow the Authority operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service and a safe work environment.
Able operate a cash register, make change, balance receipts, and conduct credit card transactions.
Prior experience working in a food and beverage operation environment.
Prior experience working in a Golf Course
Prior experience working a Point of Sale System or ability to learn how to use.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesGreets and directs customers, answers telephone, makes golf tee time reservations, provides selection and pricing information on merchandise, memberships, care sales, green fees, rentals, food, beverages and alcoholic beverages. Promotes tournaments, specials, fundraisers, etc. as it relates to golf course. Operates a cash register, makes change, balances register, reports any inconsistencies in cash or inventory to supervisor in a timely manner, prepares bank deposits daily, and reconciles cash drawer upon completion of shift. Patrols course, directs players, ensures proper pace of play, enforces course rules and services, counts and documents individual rounds of golf played, and submits findings. Takes, prepares, mixes and serves food, beverage and alcoholic beverage orders, in accordance with laws governing age requirements. Ensures that food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation and serving areas are clean and neat, by cleaning tables, grills, counters, and utensils in accordance with established food, beverage and alcoholic beverage preparation regulations. Inspects pro shop, carts, cart room, barn, clubhouse, and surrounding areas, to ensure they are properly cleaned, maintained, in proper working order and presentable to the public. Opens and secures shop, barn and clubhouse, which includes setting and unarming alarms. Conducts regular inspections to identify and resolve any safety, preventative maintenance, repairs, and discrepancies pertaining to course conditions, facilities, equipment, personnel, general activity, obstructions, hazardous conditions, greens, divots, cart sand buckets, sand repair tools, and sand traps. Monitors sales activities and inventory replenishment by daily, monthly and quarterly inventory control, inventory replenishment, return of any unsold items, and loads vehicles with pre-determined inventory and adequate change. Performs various housekeeping duties in all areas of golf course operations, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing, waxing, dusting, arranging furniture, emptying wastebaskets, removing trash, and cleanliness of golf cart fleet, as needed. Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance of golf carts, which includes checking batteries, cables, posts, terminals, wheel bearings, tire pressure and fixing flat tires. May operate range ball picker, range ball cleaner, and range ball dispenser. Refills sand buckets on golf carts and ensures proper green repair tools are onboard. Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports. Performs other related duties as required.
· The Golf Course Assistant shall be knowledgeable in the laws governing the sale of alcoholic beverages.
· Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays and adjustments of leave, shifts, and breaks, which may be required upon short notice.
· Position requires ability to interact with a diverse group of fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, coworkers, supervisors and subordinates.
· Ability to operate a cash register, make change, balance receipts, and conduct credit card transactions.
· Knowledge of the game of golf, fees, scheduling tee times, golf course policies and operational procedures, techniques and golf course security procedures.
· Knowledge of short order food preparation, preparation and serving of beverages and alcoholic beverages.
· Knowledge of public relations and recreational programs promoting golf.
· Knowledge of proper procedures for food handling, food storage, health standards, sanitation practices and products.
· Knowledge of proper customer service techniques in presenting services to the paying public.
Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
Ability to work in adverse or extreme weather conditions.
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Completion of ninth grade or a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
· Possession of a valid driver’s license
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in the English language.
· Ability to do minor mathematical calculations.
· Ability to drive a golf cart and perform minor vehicle maintenance.
· Considerable ability to use a computer and related software and applications.
· Ability to answer phones, give directions, and provide pricing and selection information.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Organization:Tampa Sports Authority
Division Department:Tampa Sports Authority
Department/Section:Operations – RJS Facilities
Positions expiring on:Ongoing
Location:Golf Operations (Babe Zaharias, Rocky Point & Rogers Park Golf Courses)
Position Title:Golf Course Assistant (PT)
Pay Grade: $8.56 per hour
Reporting to:Golf Operations Manager