The Heavy Equipment Operator ensures the safe operation of heavy equipment at the Transfer Station for the purpose of transferring and loading materials in an efficient and safe manner; operates one or more types of yellow iron equipment.
- Opens and closes the facility according to scheduled hours of operation.
- Oversees the schedule of where and which trucks are to dump and switching out trailers.
- Ensures public areas of the transfer station clean at all times; follows schedule per Operation Manager for daily, weekly and monthly facility cleaning schedules.
- Ensures that customers (external and internal) use the transfer station according to all safety rules and regulations.
- Meets loading schedules to assure driver loads are ready to meet production.
- Directs incoming trucks and vehicles to appropriate unloading areas in a safe manner.
- Follows all safety and equipment checks and precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Sites all mechanical problems that arise during pre-trip inspection or during routine functions to the attention of the shop foreman immediately.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a self-directed person, at least 18 years of age, have a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and be legally eligible to work in the US. It is required to have a high school diploma or GED, two years of prior experience in heavy equipment operation and a valid CDL A license is preferred.
Proven commitment to work and safety, excellent communication and problem solving skills are required.
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.