Senior Manager, Tax
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who enjoy solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try innovative approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The purpose of this position is to be a member of the Equinix Global Tax Accounting and Compliance Team with a primary focus on international income tax compliance.
- Manage US international tax reporting and Canada income tax compliance and income tax payment processes to ensure timely submission of accurate income tax returns and tax payments.
- Conduct various tax research projects related to US international tax and Canadian income tax, and analyze the income tax implications of any new tax legislations to Equinix.
- Assist with tax planning and strategies implementation.
- Assist with tax controversy.
- Assist with foreign tax compliance.
- Accountable for the performance and results of direct reports
- Responsible for overseeing the US international tax reporting and Canadian income tax compliance.
- Manage the preparation, review and timely submission of US foreign informational returns.
- Manage the preparation, review and timely submission of Canadian income tax returns.
- Manage the Canadian income tax payments and cash tax forecast.
- Responsible for determining the quarterly and annual tax provision of the Canadian entities under US GAAP.
- Work with controllership teams to ensure all income tax related accruals and transactions are booked properly in Canada.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners.
- Collaborate with FP&A group to review Canada forecast.
- Conduct research and prepare memorandums related to tax issues from a US and Canadian tax perspective.
- Continue to develop technical expertise and stay current on tax issues.
- Manage income tax audits in Canada, discuss technical issues with the auditors and negotiate audit settlement.
- Assist with foreign income tax return review.
- Provide technical guidance and trainings to the manager and senior tax analysts.
- Provide leadership and career path directions to the manager and senior tax analysts.
- 7 years plus working experience with BIG 4 and/or corporate tax department.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Master of Taxation preferred.
- Strong experience in US corporate income tax return compliance preferred.
- Extensive experience in US international tax reporting (5471, 8858, 8865, Sec. 986, Sec. 987, Sec. 988, GILTI, 163(j), BEAT) preferred.
- Sufficient knowledge of US income tax laws and regulations related to multi-national corporations.
- Demonstrated technical strength and knowledge related to income tax reporting.
- Self-starter with strong accounting, analytical, time management and project management skills
- Ability to recognize, understand, and analyze complex issues with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organization.
- Must be well-organized, hands-on, detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Hyperion).
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.