- Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owners asset.
- Implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulation and pass the compliance portion of the operations audit.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements.
- Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Manage tenant construction by working with tenant coordinators, contractors and tenants.
- Compliance with local codes and regulations.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our maximum standards.
- Develop Plans of Action for Capital Projects and manage the process to complete these Capital Projects.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Employee motivation and development
- To manage the activities of all employees engaged in operating and maintaining the property.
- Accurate budget preparation with emphasis on minimizing expenses by efficient use of manpower and materials.
- Develop and manage the operation expenses at budgeted levels
- Manage capital projects in a timely, cost effective manner at budgeted levels
- Assist the general manager with forecasting operational and capital expenses
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- Associate's degree, or some vocational/technical training required
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Years of relevant experience
- Two to three (2-3) years in the property management industry.
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train, and direct three or more employees.
(3) years administrative/technical experience and knowledge of property physical systems.
- Experience with shopping mall property management a plus.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience with two or more employees and demonstrates good leadership qualities
Skills and knowledge
- Some knowledge of computers and peripherals
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.