See Terracon’s Safety Response to Covid-19 below
Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
All work shall adhere to safety standards as described below. Perform subsurface exploration duties using conventional drilling or in-situ testing techniques. Drilling may include auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, air rotary and diamond bit coring techniques. In-situ testing techniques may include cone penetration testing (CPT) and seismic cone penetration testing (SCPT) equipment, pressure meter and other, related apparatus. Work also includes installation of instrumentation, piezometers and monitor wells. Work as part of a multiple person team on projects. Field locate required exploration points and determine elevations of points. Develop site reconnaissance information. Load soil samples, exploration tools and instrumentation/well installation tools and supplies onto trucks or drill rigs. Prepare and review boring logs using Unified Soil Classification System (USCS) and basic standard rock classifications and site description forms. Prepares United States (US) Department of Transportation (DOT) paperwork, as required. Provide input as to how to best perform exploration tasks. Report required maintenance to supervisor and perform maintenance tasks as required.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- This is an entry level position designed to train the individual in the various aspects of becoming a driller/exploration team member including equipment maintenance (i.e. augers, bits, etc.), equipment operation, basic survey and leveling equipment, and a general knowledge of reading civil plans.
- Trained in duties pertaining to test borings, CPT and SCPT exploration and/or installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Acts as an assistant to the lead operator to help perform routine exploration tasks.
- Drives medium duty trucks to various job sites.
Preferred Certification and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Limited or no experience required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to obtain Medical Card within first 30 days of employment
- Ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license within first 90 days of employment.
- OSHA 40-Hour Course
- CPR/First Aid Trained
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you! Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.